- The maximum weight is approximately 264.55 pounds, (120 kg) and does approximately 100 kilometers to the battery.
- The ride is comfortable for long or short distances. The genuine leather seat is easy to clean and has a sleek saddle in a V-shape. It is designed under the ergonomic principle, offering a more comfortable ride than the traditional seat such as a bicycle seat.
- The steering is all in the handle bars. The hand grips are a silica-gel which allows for comfortable grip while riding. The easy to read 4 inch LED display screen indicates the speed, temperature, power, mileage and monitor.
- The A3 is water resistant and can handle multiple terrains such as light gravel, asphalt and grass. With 16 inch tires there is no terrain that the A3 can't handle.
- It has Bluetooth speakers for music and app control. The app control allows you to increase or decrease the speed. The app also allows you to adjust the angle of the AirWheel A3 to suit your center of gravity while sitting, which is important because it affects the capabilities of the device.
- The AirWheel A3 comes with multiple lights, from a front LED headlight to backup lights and turning signals.
- • The A3 is made with magnesium aluminum alloy frame which makes it light and thin.
- • The 16" tires are uniquely designed with a tread pattern that helps drain water, dissipate heat and enhance grip performance.
Love going for walks but can’t stand for that long? The Airwheel A3 makes it easy to go on those long walks and not have to worry about your feet getting sore. Take a seat and put your feet up you’ll love the ride. The A3 is customized to your center of gravity which makes it easier when it comes to going forward or backwards. It can go as fast as 15km and can travel up to 30-65km on one charge. Enjoy the great outdoors and feel like a kid again.
The Self-Balancing Vehicle offers an extremely good opportunity for recreation and entertainment for young and old alike. The Airwheel A3 can cover up to 65 km on a single charge, making it a comfortable vehicle in the long run. Great for slopes, forest roads, grassy areas. You can also set the final speed yourself, using an app that can be downloaded to both Android and iOS devices.
1 year full warranty and after-warranty service support is provided.
Net weight: 34kg
Dimensions: 113.4 cm x 72 cm x 43.8 cm (Height x Length x Width)
Wheel size: 16 ″
Total load capacity: max 120kg Top
speed: max 17 km / h
Maximum Climbing Angle: 15 °
Battery power: 520Wh
Charging time: approx. 3 hours
Quite simply, this thing looks like a sexy, jaw-dropping and sleek beast. The fact that you can sit comfortably on the genuine leather seat/saddle and steer with the steering column makes the S3 a Segway-inspired scooter I’ve yet to see. (While also being tremendously comfortable.)
The A3 is a sporty (thanks to the orange colours) hybrid between conventional scooters and Segways. The magnesium alloy frame (made from nano-mixed materials) makes the ride durable yet lightweight, and is designed to be as ergonomic as possible.
Plus, there’s an LED light smack-dab in the middle of the steering column. This LED displays the speed, temperature, and total distance travelled. It’s no exaggeration to say that the A3 is stylish for the 21st century.
Under the A3’s “hood” you’ll see a Maglev motor. This latest technology ensures a non-bearing and non-radial design, so that the inner-parts never wear or tear; this endurability means the A3 can last for years. (Plus, the motor is designed to be quiet.)
The iridescent turning light in the back lets drivers behind you know when you plan to turn and which direction you’re going to. (I’m not sure if Airwheel was the first to think of this, but I’m glad they equipped the A3 with it.)
The frame the seat is attached to doubles as a hydraulic shock absorber, minimising impacts whenever you accidentally bounce around or unexpectedly hit any “bumps” in the road or rocky paths.
At 3 feet high, 2 feet long and 1 foot wide, the A3 is a “compact” Segway Clone that is just large enough for you to mount – without being large enough to get you stuck in hallways or cause any maneuverability issues.
Aside from having a Lithium-ion battery (a premium battery that’s industry-standard by now), the A3 comes equipped with these safety protection features:
- Over-discharge protection keeps you from overcharging your battery past maximum capacity
- Over-charge protection is a second layer of battery-overcharge protection
- Short-circuit protection prevents the mainboard (and battery) from short circuiting caused by crashes
- Overcurrent protection (in real time) cuts the machine’s power when it gets too hot or faulty
- Temperature protection monitors (and controls) the battery temp.
- Battery equalisation adjusts (in real time) the battery’s efficiency
The battery lasts 3.8x longer than batteries in rival products, has an almost 3x working life, and is non-explosive (thanks to hundreds of safety and electrical tests).
However, a major downside to the battery is that—once depleted and requires recharging—you can expect to wait 3 hours for it to fully charge.
The A3 can efficiently carry people up to 264 lbs. (120 kgs.) without a problem. Any more, however, and you’ll notice the A3 has difficulty moving at optimum speed. This is a remarkable feat considering the machine weighs 74 lbs. (34 kgs.), which means that although it is a heavy piece of machinery, it’s considerably light if you can lift that much. Not to mention the fact it’s carrying 3x its weight.
The A3 reaches a top speed of 11 mph (19 km/h) – which is nearly the average speed for Airwheel’s electric scooter, Segway-style machines. However, 11 mph certainly feels fast when you’re on your riding journey.
Depending on how fast you’re traveling and how much you weigh, the A3 can take you as far as 40 miles (65 km) – on one battery charge. This, personally, is mind-blowing, as 40 miles is an incredibly long distance for any vehicle to travel. This would make it easy for you to go on a spontaneous joy-ride to an isolated park a fair distance away, without the hassle of wasting your car’s gas or bugging anybody for rides; it’s just you, your A3, and wherever you want to go to get back in touch with nature or visit friends.
Considering how “jam-packed with safety” Airwheel made the A3, you can see for yourself that this is a tremendously wise investment. While it’s true that a lot of these features are available in previous editions, it’s evident that they upgraded their safety mechanisms wherever they could, truly putting the safety of their customers in at the forefront of their business model/mission. (Just between us, if I had the money to spend, this is the Scooter I would choose. It just looks so awesome.)
1 x Airwheel A3
Gdex delivered the iteme in a big box and it was pretty well packed by the seller. I am happy with the delivery. I need to practice a while more on the control and I will get back for second update review in future.
Electric self-balancing scooter A3 is a more innovative creature. The dazzling orange color is the best interpretation of fashion. The ergonomic design with a leather saddle has made long distance trip possible. Riders can adopt sitting or standing posture. Riders manipulate the scooter by leaning to different directions. A3 responds to rider’s body movement in less than 0.03 second. An original hydraulic suspension system eases jolts on bumpy roads.
Quite simply, this thing looks like a sexy, jaw-dropping and sleek beast. The A3 is a sporty (thanks to the orange colours) hybrid between conventional scooters and Segways. The magnesium alloy frame (made from nano-mixed materials) makes the ride durable yet lightweight, and is designed to be as ergonomic as possible.